The Book Club, facilitated by April Reeder, LPC: A Community for Adult Women
When it comes to the relationship(s) in your life (with either yourself, others, or both), have you been struggling with any of the following:
- -Self-esteem issues
- -Self-acceptance problems
- -A clear sense of your own identity in relationships
- -Lack of self-compassion
- -Lack of healthy self-protection
- -Feel unable to draw comfort from relationships
- -An inability to relax in your relationships
- -Unable to fully express yourself in relationships
- -Struggling with your own willpower and motivation
- -No peace of mind within your relationships
- -Lack of self-care
- -No self-confidence
And what about some of these issue:
- -Emotional flashbacks
- -Having a tyrannical inner or outer critic
- -Toxic shame
- -Self Abandonment
- -Social Anxiety
- -Abject feelings of loneliness or abandonment
- -Sensitive Fight/Flight/Freeze/Fawn response
- -Oversensitivity to stressful situations
If you and your life have been disturbed by any of the above-mentioned and you have been looking for a chance to connect with other people that are going through similar relationship issues or patterns as you, then I would recommend signing up for The Book Club.
Now, let me clarify. When I say relationships, I don’t necessarily mean dating or marriage. It could be friendships, parent/child relationships, or even your relationship with yourself.
With The Book Club, you will have access to a community of people that are in the trenches when it comes to relationships just like you. This is a community that wants to take a good hard look at themselves and all the relationships they currently have and get to work on becoming the most healthy versions of themselves.
The Book Club combines several tools into one big learning opportunity. You will have access to a licensed therapist, some of the most powerful books out there on the topic of relationships, a community to encourage you and hold you accountable, and a safe space to process through the things that are coming up in your life. In addition, we provide other resources and tools along the way as needs are expressed.
We will be using books such as:
- *Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving by Pete Walker
- *Codependent No More by Melody Beattie
- *It Didn’t Start with You by Mark Wolynn
- *Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents by Lindsay Gibson
- *And more…….
This is an open group, so you can join at any time. If you need more information or have any questions, you can email me at april@
When: Every other Saturday beginning September 10, 2022.
Time: 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
Location: 2498 West New Orleans Street, Broken Arrow, OK 74011 until further notice
Investment: $50 per book club meeting
How to register: You can email me at April@