We are starting up an exciting adventure and opportunity for young ladies between the ages of 12-16 years old. If you have been wondering about what is out there in terms of empowering young ladies to be their best selves, then you have found just that!
When we think about the world that they are growing up in, we are forced to face the facts about the things they are coming up against on a daily basis. Our beautiful and smart young ladies are facing people, places, a new culture, and/or situations that have created anxiety and depression within them. Some are going home only to be bullied on social media. Some are struggling with suicidal thoughts that haunt them on a daily basis. Many of them don’t believe they are enough. They compare themselves to filtered images online and feel as if they are always coming up short. These are just a few examples among many. This is all happening at ages that we couldn’t even have fathomed when most of us were growing up.
Because of this, we wanted to be a solution in the midst of very real problems. We wanted to provide young ladies with an opportunity to meet up with other young ladies and start a journey. We wanted to put them on a path of discovering who they truly are. We want to help them find what their purpose is and how to embody the healthiest versions of themselves every single day. This is going to be a place where you can bring your daughter and watch her become equipped with powerful tools, coping skills, and an ability to walk out her newfound healthy identity in this world.
We have created a workshop that addresses the following:
- Who am I?
- What keeps me from being able to be the best and healthiest version of myself?
- How do I overcome those barriers and just be me in every situation that I step into?
- How do I grow and develop my strengths?
- How to create a plan for overcoming those barriers (even the really hard ones that are taking other teens out)
- How to handle peer pressure, social media, bullying, and other really hard issues that teens face that take away from their healthy identity
- How to develop a lengthy list of coping skills that help your young lady when she is in the midst of a struggle
- Healthy relationships and what to do about unhealthy ones
- How to have open and healthy communication with friends, family, and loved ones
All of the young ladies will receive a journal, their own binders, and materials that we will be discussing for each topic. This is all included in the price of the workshop.
Facilitator: April Reeder, LPC, M. Div
When: Every other Saturday for 6 months from 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm beginning on March 28, 2020 (total of 12 workshops)
Location: Legacy Counseling Service 2498 West New Orleans in Broken Arrow, OK 74011.
Investment: $45 / workshop. There is a 10% off discount for anyone that wants to pay for all 12 workshops before April 28, 2020.
How to register: Call the office manager, Christi, at 918-505-4367 or contact April Reeder at email@example.com.